Just a few updates on the current situation to keep you all in the loop. Firstly, I just want to say a big thank you to everyone for the show of support we are getting from all of our lovely members. This is a tough time for all, and obviously a concern for the Fit Stop as we have an unpredictable few months ahead.
We are doing our best to support everyone’s training and health (physical and mental) as best we can, and really appreciate that you’re working with us to minimise the impact on not only us, but the wider community.
For the most part, our Fit Stop members have been happy to ‘keep on keeping on’ with online training, which is great to see. We are very grateful you’re sticking with us & supporting us during this difficult time, and we’re happy we can still help.
Here’s a screenshot of Matt running our first online group session, with less than 24 hours notice to get up & running we still had 14 participants!
On the flip side, if any Fit Stop members have fallen on hard times and your income has been affected and therefore cannot afford to train, just get in touch and we’ll help you out. As we all know, exercise is of paramount importance during this lock down for both physical and mental health & well being.
So here’s what’s happening with our services for now:
- Group Online Training We’re running online Zoom sessions every day, this is an open ‘group’ session that you can just join in from home. You’ll just need a bit of space to move, and if you have any dumbells, kettlebells, bands or makeshift gym equipment then get ready to use them. We are lending out some equipment from the gym so let us know if you’d like to borrow something. Sessions will be running at 7am, 12pm and 6pm Monday to Friday & 10 am Saturday.
- Private Online Training. If you need or would prefer private training or need to do a different time, then we can do private sessions. If you have the space for it, we can even lend you more equipment & perhaps some of the bigger barbells & plates etc. If this appeals to you then just reply to this email.
- Functional Movement Assessments. We can still conduct our assessments online via Zoom. Our trainers are highly experienced, and we rely on alot of visual feedback when conducting our movement screening so can still provide comprehensive assessments and give feedback, corrective exercises, & training programs based on this. For any new members who are starting out with online training, this is where we will start.
- Programs Design. If preferred and if you have the space and equipment to make this work, we can send individualised training programs for you to do at home by yourself, either instead of, or in addition to the online Zoom sessions.
- Nutrition Consults. If you want to use this time to dial in the eating habits, we can do a Zoom consult (weekly or as a once off) and help you sort this out and put an action plan in place.
- Random Extras. We’re going to try our best to help everyone as much as we can. So will be sending through videos, instructionals, nutrition info, helpful links, etc. Any ideas, suggestions are welcomed.
Take care, stay well, and we’ll see you soon 🙂